Be kind and respectful
We like to keep our community friendly, therefore we encourage a positive communication between HubbaCar drivers and owners.
- Please understand the needs of those who share their car with you and respect their conditions.
- Be punctual when picking up and returning the car and communicate to owner asap in case of delays or if something unexpected happens.
- In case of issues always try to settle with owner in a friendly and reasonable way.
- Avoid negative behaviours as they may affect your reputation within the community. While reviews you'll receive from owners are not public they will be visible to owners when requesting their cars.
- In case of doubt on what is the best way to behave in a specific situation please consult our HelpCentre or contact us.
Treat the car as it was your own
The sharing economy is here to make the world more friendly, convenient, and sustainable for all. Being part of this movement in a positive and responsible way means treating the resources that are shared with you with the same care as they were yours. This obviously applies also to the cars local owners share with you on HubbaCar.
- Check car conditions carefully before and after the trip.
- Before starting the trip take pictures of car dashboard to record initial fuel and mileage. In order to avoid potential disputes also take pictures of eventual damages or conditions that differ from what advertised.
- Return the car as clean and tidy as you found it. Don't smoke and avoid eating/drinking inside it.
- Drive carefully and act lawfully, remembering that you'll need to pay for eventual damages you are responsible for.
Good communication between drivers and owners is key for a positive HubbaCar experience.
- Before the trip use our chat to ask owner questions, agree on time and place for car pick up/return, and communicate any change and requirement on your side.
- In case of issues during the trip immediately communicate with owner, call them on their phone if it's urgent. Owners will assist you the best they can since you are driving their car.
- Keep an eye on message notifications right before and during the trip.