Be kind and respectful
We like to keep our community friendly, therefore we encourage a positive communication between HubbaCar owners and drivers.
- Be punctual when handing over your car and taking it back. Communicate with driver asap in case of delays or if something unexpected happens.
- In case of issues always try to settle with driver in a friendly and reasonable way.
- Avoid negative behaviours as they may affect your reputation within the community. Please remember that reviews received from drivers will be visible to all users and may influence their trust.
- In case of doubt on what is the best way to behave in a specific situation please consult our HelpCentre or contact us.
Be honest and informative
The more your car listing follows this tip, the more you are bound to have positive experiences with drivers.
- In case of pre-existing flaws or damages, always mention them in your car listing, uploading a photo if applicable. This will help avoid eventual disputes.
- Inspiring trust is important to be a successful HubbaCar owner. Be open and detailed in your description, tell something about yourself, have a real picture of you as profile picture.
- Maintain this helpful and transparent attitude throughout the process.
- Provide tips for their journey in case you have some good recommendations. Drivers satisfaction may increase if thanks to your tips you enable them to live a more authentic local travel experience.
Hand over your car in good conditions
You want drivers to love their trip experience and leave a good review. The frequency of the requests you'll receive will be influenced by your owner reputation.
- Make sure there are no technical problems that could affect the trip. Any eventual issue should be communicated before accepting a rental request, ideally in your car description, as failure to do it could lead to disputes.
- Regularly get your car checked (tires, breaks, battery, horn, lights, etc.), we recommend to include in your description when it was last checked.
- Make sure your car is clean, tidy, without unpleasant smells.
- Make sure it's full of fuel.
Keep it safe: do your checks
When handing over the car to the driver make sure you:
- Ask driver (and additional driver if applicable) to show their driving licence. Although such documents would be validated by us prior to booking, it is your duty to confirm the identity of the drivers matches your booking.
- Before the trip begins take a picture of your car dashboard to record initial fuel and mileage. It will be assumed that your car conditions will be the same as the ones advertised and shown on HubbaCar.
- Allow driver to do his/her checks on car conditions and take pictures.
- Inform driver about things to be careful about and eventually invite to a short ride you think it can be helpful to explain some functionalities and things to keep in mind.
- Make sure any relevant documentation about the car that can be helpful is inside the car and driver is aware of it.
Good communication between owners and drivers is key for a positive HubbaCar experience.
- Before the trip use HubbaCar chat to discuss details with drivers and agree on time and place for car pick up/return.
- Keep an eye on HubbaCar notifications for car requests. Your response time will be recorded and the visibility of your cars will be influenced by that.
- Be available and responsive during the rental period as drivers may need your support or even your authorisation.